Keeping Citizens Informed! Sign up for CodeRED notifications. Be sure to enter your cell phone number to receive a call or text alert notification. You will be notified by your local emergency response team in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts.
CodeRED allows for messages to be broadcast to citizens in a quick and efficient manner. You will receive messages such as:
- Boil water alerts
- Evacuation notices
- Missing person
- Road closures
- Weather alerts
- Why is Straight Talk not listed as a service provider for the CodeRED alert?
- What is CodeRED, and why is it important to me?
- When will CodeRED be used?
- How does CodeRED work?
- Does the CodeRED system replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
- Does the CodeRED system already have my telephone number, or do I need to sign up to receive CodeRED notifications?
- I have a business located in Franklin County. Can I arrange to have CodeRED messages sent to my business?
- What if I want to register additional numbers for my address?
- Is my personal information protected?
- How will I recognize a CodeRED notification?
- What should I do if I receive a CodeRED notification?
- I have a cordless phone, and it does not work when the power goes out. How will the system be able to contact me?
- Will the CodeRED system leave a message on an answering machine?
- I received an emergency message that went to my home phone voicemail. Only part of the message recorded. Why does this happen, and what should I do?
- What happens if the line is busy?
- What circumstances might prevent a notification from being delivered to me?
- Will I receive all notifications sent by the County?
- How can I make sure I receive a CodeRED notification if telephone systems are overloaded?
- How do I remove my number from CodeRED?