The Franklin County Voter Registrar’s office is an agency of the Department of Elections (ELECT).
The Department of Elections was created in 1946 as a bipartisan agency responsible for ensuring uniformity, fairness, accuracy, and purity in all elections in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The agency promotes the proper administration of election laws, campaign finance disclosure compliance, and voter registration processes in Virginia by promulgating rules, regulations, issuing instructions, and providing information to local electoral boards and general registrars. In addition, the agency maintains a centralized database of state-wide voter registration and election-related data.
Official Voting Information for the November 2, 2021 General Election
- Polls are open 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on November 2, 2021
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 is the last day to register to vote or change your voter registration information for this election.
In-Person Absentee (Early Voting)
Franklin County Government Center, Voter Registration Office, 1255 Franklin Street, Suite 106, Rocky Mount, VA 24151.
- Monday – Friday, Sept. 17– Oct. 29, 2021: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23, and October 30, 2021: 9:00 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 30, 2021: Last day to vote an In-Person (early) absentee ballot at this office.
Vote by Mail Absentee
Request an Absentee ballot online: https://www.elections.virginia.gov
- Friday, October 22, 2021: Last day to request an absentee ballot by mail. Applications must be received in the Voter Registration and Elections Office by 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021: Election Day ALL DROPPED OFF Absentee voted ballots must be returned to the Voter Registration and Elections Office by 7 p.m. (Virginia time) to be counted.
- Friday, November 5, 2021: ALL Absentee voted ballots that are returned via mail must be post marked on or before election day and received in the Franklin County Voter Registration and Elections Office by NOON (Virginia time) to be counted.
Voted Absentee Ballot Drop Off Location
- Monday – Friday, Sept. 17– Nov. 1, 2021: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23, and October 30, 2021: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Located at the Franklin County Government Center inside the Voter Registration Office at 1255 Franklin Street, Suite 106, Rocky Mount, VA 24151.
- On Election Day Only: All polling places and the Franklin County Voter Registration and Elections Office between 6:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Military and Overseas Voters
Military and overseas voters can find specific information at the Virginia Department of Elections website.
The ballot will include candidates for:
- Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Member House of Delegates (Districts 9th and 22nd)
- Board of Supervisors (Local Districts- Boone, Snow Creek and Rocky Mount)
- Member School Board At Large
- School Board (Local Districts- Boone, Snow Creek and Rocky Mount
Track your ballot by entering your name and your ballot mailing address into the Virginia Department of Elections Ballot Scout.
Franklin County Electoral Board Meeting
September 1, 2021, at 10:00 am
Franklin County Government Center
1255 Franklin Street, Suite 106
Rocky Mount, VA 24151